Preferred Infrastructure Inc.
Japanese Page here
- Company Name: Preferred Infrastructure Inc,
- Founded: March 2006
- CEO: Toru Nishikawa
- Number of Employees: 28
- Location: 2-40-1 Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
(near Hongo Campus, University of Tokyo)
- Email: email@example.com
- Business: Software Development & Licensing
Search Engine & Recommendation System
- To put the cutting-edge research results in the academic world to practical use as soon as possible.
- To challenge the most difficult problems and provide solutions to them.
- CEO: Toru Nishikawa Computer Science,
University of Tokyo ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest 2006 19th place
- VP: Daisuke Okanohara
Ph.D Computer Science, University of Tokyo
Exploratory IT Human Resources Program sponsored by IPA Japan (2002 – 2005)
- Many of other members have also achieved outstanding results at several programming contests.
- Information Retrieval
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Data Compression
- Database System
- Very Large Distributed System
Sedue – Comprehensive search platform which combines search and recommendation technologies
- Supports many types of indexing methods, and ranking methods
- Linear Scale-Up
Verified up to 128 threads on a Sun box
- Easy Scale-Out
Indexer and searcher nodes can be added without stopping the system.
- High Reliability
- Customizable Ranking Feature
- Applications: Web Search, Document Search, Enterprise Search, Text Mining
Jubatus – Distributed online machine learning framework
- Online multi-class/binary classification
- Online linear regression
- Online recommendation with inverted index or LSH (locality sensitive hash)
- Framework for online machine learning with fault tolerance